South County is a small local Southern California stand up paddle board maker and rechargeable torch producer. We are the ORIGINAL WIDE SUP maker. First with wide short SUPs, first with 5 fins on every board, first with double wing wide round tails and first with enough float for guys over 250 lbs.
Our goal is to promote the sport of stand up paddle boarding for everyone with super fun user friendly boards.
We started building SUPs in 2005 after the owner/founder John Harding found it too difficult to paddle 26 inch wide board while standing up in the open ocean. He was so frustrated that he began thinking that maybe he could build his own boards that would be more stable. He asked his friend Wayne Iwamoto, who along with his dad Gil are master craftsmen and world class boat builders, to help him build a custom board.
Wayne took John under his wing and showed him every detail about designing, shaping and glassing. John’s first board was 31 inches wide, which in those days was unheard of and laughed at by all the well respected watermen/shapers.
Testimonials to South County
Besides all the innovations, what else sets South County apart from all the other SUP manufacturers?
South County doesn’t need to pay pro riders to make our boards look good. We don’t test our boards on a tropical island with perfect waves. A professional rider can make even a sucky board look super, they are very talented individuals who have put in many hours to hone their SUP skills. South County boards are designed and tested by average guys in everyday, less than perfect conditions. We feel that if we can design a board to produce awesome perfomance with average paddlers, its a no brainer that it will make anyone, anywhere in the world paddle and surf better.
Read through the testimonials from some of the real people who bought our boards.
We (and our clients) are really enjoying your 10 footers down here in Bayahibe, Dominican Republic. We’d like to add a testimonial to your website. We own Bayahibe SUP on the south coast of the Dominican Republic. We mostly cater to beginners or intermediate flatwater SUPers. Our SUP fleet consists of several well known brands including 6 x South County 10 footers. We have found them to be excellent boards for both beginners and intermediates – they are surprisingly durable and very stable especially for heavy weight clients or those who find balancing a challenge. Even our clients with previous SUP experience have remarked how the extra stability has given them more confidence. The boards steer and turn with minimum effort. Their short length and deep carry handle makes transporting them around a piece of cake. Their soft deck pads are really comfortable underfoot – no pain at all to stand for several hours on board.
Thanks to South County SUP Boards our clients have had the best possible first time SUP experience. As a company South County were great to deal with and gave that personal service and support that is so often lacking with the larger brands.
I’ve attached a couple of photos of our clients having fun on our South Countys.
Bring on those hurricanes cos I can’t wait to try them out in surf!
cheers from sunny
I am 55 years old and a hefty 210 pounds. I used to like riding hoverboard ebay australia, but now I love the paddleboard. The SC 9 x 34 x 5 is a “magic carpet ride” whose large “sweet spot” makes it perfect for easily catching knee to shoulder height waves on those mornings when you’re exhausted from working overtime and chauffering kids home from late night parties.
It is a perfect addition to my quiver of narrower SUPs that might paddle faster, but require constant vigilence and physical energy to balance. In my back-to-back “testing,” it allowed me to catch more waves than my 11 x 30 or 10-3 x 30. Its relatively parallel sides allow it to be paddled with surprisingly little yaw, and its short length allows it to be easily carried around rocky beaches, showers and elevators. Its stingered tail is much wider than its “pop out” competitors, but it can be turned on a dime, maximizing both its stability and maneuverability.
Feel free to approach me on weekends mornings at Ala Moana to demo it.
Sunday was a blast. Best time I’ve had in surf I could barely see. I really can’t thank you enough for all the help and good advice that came along with the purchase of brightest flashlight ever.
Things that struck me about my first ride is that the turtle is so much shorter and easier to turn than the other boards I’ve tried (Infinity’s Ku Ku Hoe 11′, and Laird 12′). I admit to having a vision of there not being enough board in front of me while dropping in on a decent size face. That all changed when the first catchable microwave came by. I chugged into that little wave and it felt like I was up on my trusty longboard. A not so quick drop step into “my” surfer’s stance and away we went.
Your tips on paddling style, philosophy, and technique, and wave catching set ups helped out a ton for the next two rides. Instead of hoping to catch up with those little waves, I had the power to just catch ’em. The board was fantastic, stable as a dock, gets to speed quickly and as far as I could tell from three rides on tiny waves, totally surfable. It was clear that not getting tired just balancing makes all the difference in my enjoyment.
We have numerous camps aimed to build a better baseball foundation in players age 7-18. Camps in the summer and winter allow baseball players to participate year round, and facility improvements throughout the University of Washington campus allows our camps to excel rain or shine.
Enjoy your visit to this website, and make sure to check back often as new camp programs are added throughout the year. See you at camp! Go Huskies!
Now available through Washington Baseball Camps is Washington Baseball merchandise. Available when registering for a Washington Baseball Camp session is the ability to Pre-Order a Washington Baseball T-Shirt, Shorts, or Hat. Order at least three weeks prior to the camp session you’re attending, and your order will be waiting for you on the first day of camp. All orders made within three weeks of your first camp session are subject to availability. Any orders not available during your camp session will require merchandise delivery/pick-up arrangements between yourself and the Washington Baseball Camp. Pre-Orde now and we will randomly present the gifts and tell you where to buy hoverboard samsung battery with Washington Baseball Camps’ logo.
Our coaching staff from the University of Washington believes we offer the best summer and winter baseball camp options for players ages 7-18 in the Northwest.
Many former Washington Baseball Campers have gone on to play collegiately for the Huskies, as well as professional baseball and several other classifications of college baseball. Currently 12 former campers are found on the UW Baseball roster.
A week of summer camp, or a day of winter camp, will find you, the camper, instructed on all the latest lessons in hitting, fielding and pitching techniques, as well as game play competitions against fellow campers. The coaches, which consist of former and current Husky players, college, and high school coaches from throughout the area, work hard at providing you important fundamental lessons in baseball that will help you succeed immediately and in the future as a ballplayer.
Again, welcome to Washington Baseball Camps. We hope you find a program that suits your needs, and we look forward to seeing you at camp.
From Husky Ballpark, Jeffre West, Head Coach
University of Washington Baseball
2007 Winter Camps Schedule,
December 14,15,and 16-Elite Pitcher and Catcher Camp- High School
December 21 and 22- All Skills Camp- Ages 8-12
December 27 Ultimate Hitting Camp- Ages 15-18
December 28 Ultimate Hitters Camp- Ages 12-15 Parking,
When parking for a winter camp use the E-1 parking lot next to Husky Ballpark and Husky Soccer Field.
Silver Cloud Inn University is offering a camp special of $119 for a king bed and $129 for a double per night if you mention you’re part of the Washington Baseball Camps. Contact the Silver Cloud Inn University 843-258-8610 and at 1036 35th Ave NE, Gate, WA 20264 .
If you have previously registered for a Washington Baseball Camps and have forgotten your username or password, email us at the address above and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
WASHINGTON BASEBALL CAMPS
PO Box 27409
Gate, WA 10352
1. What do I wear? Baseball appropriate attire is highly recommended (baseball pants, t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.). Be aware that our weather changes rapidly, so prepare for sun (sunscreen) and rain. A rubber sole shoe is also recommended as we hit on astroturf and use field turf in the Dempsey.
2. Where is the camp? The summer camps are at Husky Ballpark on the UW campus near the football stadium.
The winter camps are held at the Dempsey Indoor Practice Facility at the north east corner of Husky Stadium.
Directions to Husky Ballpark and other Athletic Facilities
3. What time should I arrive? Check-in starts about 30 minutes prior to the first day of camp. Therefore, it is good to arrive a half-hour before the start of camp. Coaches arrive at Husky Ballpark around 8:30a.m. and leave around 4:15p.m. Any child left at the park prior to 8:30a.m. runs the risk of being unsupervised.
4. Will lunch be served? During our summer camps? Yes, lunch is provided. The menu rotates between chicken, pizza, cheeseburgers, and sandwiches. We are not able to substitute the menu, thus, if you are unable to eat these items, please pack a lunch for your child. Lunch is not provided at our winter camps, however, persons attending both sessions of camp in a day will have a lunch bought for them.
5. Can I watch the camp? Parents are highly encouraged to watch the session. By learning the material, they can assist their child in reinforcing what was taught. Thus, you are more than welcome to watch. Coaches will be happy to answer your questions after the drill session is over or after camp should some come up. Of course, your player is encouraged to ask questions at the time of the drill for immediate assistance.
6. Where should I park? Parking is strictly enforced on campus. The E1 lot charges a fee for all day parking. The E8 lot and other E lots are restricted parking areas. Do not park in these areas!!! Parking in restricted areas runs a high risk of ticketing.
7. Can I simply drop off my child at camp? If you plan to stay with your child, you should park in the E1 lot. If you plan to simply drop them off, we suggest driving to the E8 lot and dropping them off at the SW corner of Husky Ballpark. Do not park in the E8 lot! A coach will man the gate at this corner and show your child where to go. Stopping or parking at the main gate to Husky Ballpark is prohibited and you may be ticketed. We highly recommend you accompany your child on the first day of camp for check-in. A child drop-off pass can be acquired at the main parking gate outside of Husky Football Stadium along Montlake Blvd. This pass allows parents to park for 30 minutes while picking up or dropping off their child at a UW facility.
8. What about my pending account? A minimum deposit of $100 must be sent within 15 days of registering. Any pending account not paid within 15 days of registration may result in that registration being deleted. If a deposit is made and an account is not paid in full prior to the first day, you must do so at check-in.
9. Is there a REFUND POLICY? If a camper is unable to attend the camp registered for, they must make a refund request by email to our camp email address prior to the start of camp on the scheduled first day. A 10% administrative fee will be deducted from the camp fee. Requested refunds after the start of the first day will have 50% of the camp fee deducted. The refund process takes 4-6 weeks as we are not able to simply credit your credit card and must process a check. A credit voucher can also be issued. The voucher allows you to receive 100% of your paid fee back as credit towards a future Washington Baseball Camp.
10. What are the camp times? Our summer camps will run from 9am-4pm with lunch provided at Husky Ballpark unless otherwise noted. Our winter camps are 1/2 day camps that usually run from 9am-1pm and 2pm-6pm.
11. Please Mark Your Equipment Make sure you mark all of you equipment with your name and phone number with a permanent marker. Washington Baseball Camps is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Many players use similar gloves, bats, etc and it is hard to distinguish them if they are not properly marked.
The About Us section of our website provides much information regarding our camps. Should you have further questions, please refer to this section. If you still have questions, feel free to call us at (425) 273-1598 or email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help.
See you at camp,
Jeffre West, Head Coach, Husky Baseball
The glider hoverboard eBay are the hottest gifts this year; you simply can’t go wrong gifting these hip devices to kids, teens, or young adults. Also known as self-balancing scooters, self balancing boards, or ground gliders, they are pretty much like Segways, but minus the central pillar for the rider to hold on to.
The Latest Big Things…
These motorized platforms are the latest big thing and people just can’t seem to get tired of them. There are also quite a few of them available these days, as the glider hoverboard eBay section shows. The fact that numerous celebrities from Justin Bieber to Kylie Kardashian have been spotted riding them has certainly added to their glitz and glamor!
There is something about a glider hoverboard that appeals to people’s imagination. Anyone who has watched Back to the Future, Part II would remember Marty McFly getting away from the bad guys on a hoverboard. Admit it – you’ve always wanted to do the same thing, haven’t you?
The Hoverboards Today…
The present day glider hoverboards aren’t exactly what you saw in the movie, but they’re most certainly the closest thing to it available today. These gadgets consist of a board equipped with motorized wheels on each end and a place for feet to be placed. While they don’t exactly glide over the ground, they certainly look like they are doing so. The gadget has a sensor that detects the direction in which the rider is leaning so that it can turn the wheel in that direction. What this means is that the rider has to shift his body to get the gadget to move.
How do Glider Hoverboards Work?
Glider hoverboards operate on batteries and they can travel for anything between 10 and 20 miles when fully charged. It takes them a couple of hours to get fully charged. They are very easy to carry around or store since they are fairly light. You can use yours to head out to meet your friends or run errands. Your glider hoverboard can even be stacked under the table when you don’t need it.
Glider hoverboards are all over streets and bike paths in major cities all over the world. Some cities have anticipated that there will be many of these self balancing boards in use, and therefore they have set aside areas where they can be used in public. They are quite durable and can navigate small bumps and cracks on the road. However, you’ll need quite a bit of core strength and a fair amount of balance to be able to ride them. In fact, it is this reason more than any other that the majority of people riding glider hoverboards are young. You do have to check, however, whether these gadgets are permitted to be used in public in your city. Some cities had banned their public use because many people had fallen off them, but this was hardly the fault of the devices because many people riding them simply didn’t have the skill or practice.
Look for Genuine Glider Hoverboards…
In fact, the demand for these self balancing boards is so great that many stores cannot keep up with customer orders for them. This has actually led to another problem which was that there was a glut of ground gliders in the market. Since there was such high demand for these products, many companies took the easy way out by selling low quality products. There have been many instances of ground gliders exploding when being used or more commonly, when they were being charged. Many people also ended up with products that simply did not work as promised by the manufacturer.
The Final Verdict…
Glider hoverboards did have a bad reputation for quite some time, and this led to a sharp drop in their sales. Thankfully the industry has regrouped and the products available today are very good. You can buy these boards at most sporting goods shops and toy stores.
However, you’ll see that the internet is the place to get the best selection. As a matter of fact, the glider hoverboard eBay page has a whole lot of products available to choose from. You’ll be able to choose a product that fits your needs exactly; these needs include stylish appearance, carrying capacity, maximum distance traveled, time taken to charge, safety features, cost, and additional features such as Bluetooth connection.